The Staff, Administration, and Board of Education of Manhattan District 114 are committed to promoting excellence in student achievement and student behavior, enabling children to become successful life-long learners.
- We believe that the chief purpose of the school is the all-around development of each child as an individual and as a citizen.
- We believe that it is our duty as teachers to train pupils, that they may learn to live together peaceably, cooperatively, and efficiently as intelligent individuals in an increasingly changing world.
- We believe in a democratically operated school system at all levels. Pupils will learn the democratic way only as they have a chance to share it.
- We believe that the school should help develop in its pupils a strong sense of sound American patriotism together with a full understanding of the liberties and responsibilities which come under citizenship.
- We believe that community understanding, interest, and cooperation are necessary for the continuing success of any desirable school program.
- We believe that good classroom order and a healthy, cooperative working atmosphere are essential to the effective conduct of any class.
Just a reminder that the regularly scheduled meetings of the MSD114 Board of Education in April and May, will not be on the second Wednesday of the month, due to Spring Break and the upcoming election. The April meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 1st, prior to Spring Break, which runs Friday, April 3 through Sunday, April 12. Classes will resume on Monday, April 13. The May board meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, May 5th. The Board of Education must certify election results, seat new members, and organize the Board within 28 days after the election. Election Day is Tuesday, April 7th.
BRIGHT STAR AWARD WINNER
Welcome to the Manhattan School District
New Family Registration
New families that will be registering in the Manhattan Schools can click on the New Family Registration button above and fill out all of the forms online. Instructions to take you through the registration process can be found on our website. After you have completed all of the forms, please come to the District Office at Wilson Creek School to prove residency and show an original birth certificate.
Please bring with you:
- Proof of residency form, printed and filled out
- 1 supporting document from Category I
- 2 supporting documents from Category II
- Student's original birth certificate from the county where your child was born
We will make copies of all original documents and return them to you.
It usually takes 2 school days after you prove residency and register for your student to start school.
Information regarding health requirements, registration fees, and school supplies can also be found on our website.
One Book, One Manhattan VIDEO