June Board Meeting
The Regular Board Meeting of the Manhattan SD 114 Board of Education in May will be held on Wednesday, June 14, 2017. The meeting will be held at the regular meeting place, Wilson Creek Elementary, and at the regular starting time, 7:00pm. The Committee of the Whole will meet at 6:00pm.
The Staff, Administration, and Board of Education of Manhattan District 114 are committed to promoting excellence in student achievement and student behavior, enabling children to become successful life-long learners.
- We believe that the chief purpose of the school is the all-around development of each child as an individual and as a citizen.
- We believe that it is our duty as teachers to train pupils, that they may learn to live together peaceably, cooperatively, and efficiently as intelligent individuals in an increasingly changing world.
- We believe in a democratically operated school system at all levels. Pupils will learn the democratic way only as they have a chance to share it.
- We believe that the school should help develop in its pupils a strong sense of sound American patriotism together with a full understanding of the liberties and responsibilities which come under citizenship.
- We believe that community understanding, interest, and cooperation are necessary for the continuing success of any desirable school program.
- We believe that good classroom order and a healthy, cooperative working atmosphere are essential to the effective conduct of any class.
2017-18 Registration and Information
Registration for the 2017-18 school year in Manhattan District 114 is now open in Homelogic. If you are new to the district, please click on the NEW FAMILY REGISTRATION link to the right, under Online Registration.
Chicago Magazine recognizes Manhattan 114 Schools by ranking Anna McDonald School as #2 Elementary School in Will County
Click on the link (heading) above to read the article published by Chicago Magazine, ranking the top elementary and high schools in Will County and other surrounding counties. The staff works hard to provide the very best education and all around experience for each and every student from the time they enter Pre-K or Kindergarten until they leave us to attend Lincoln-Way West High School (Also ranked in the Top 5 among high schools). We are thankful for the continued support of the community and all of our families. Because of the hard work and commitment to excellence by everyone in our schools and community, Manhattan 114 and Anna McDonald Elementary has received the recognition it deserves. All of us at Manhattan 114 will continue to strive to be the very best we can be for all of our students!
BRIGHT STAR AWARD WINNER
Welcome to the Manhattan School District
New Family Registration
New families that will be registering in the Manhattan Schools can click on the New Family Registration button above and fill out all of the forms online. Instructions to take you through the registration process can be found on our website. After you have completed all of the forms, please come to the District Office at Wilson Creek School to prove residency and show an original birth certificate.
Please bring with you:
- Proof of residency form, printed and filled out
- 1 supporting document from Category I
- 2 supporting documents from Category II
- Student's original birth certificate from the county where your child was born
- Copy of student's current physical
We will make copies of all original documents and return them to you.
It usually takes 2 school days after you prove residency and register for your student to start school.
Information regarding health requirements, registration fees, and school supplies can also be found on our website.
Manhattan named to TOP 25 SUBURBS (click link to go to article)
Manhattan, IL is a great place to live and raise your family. According to niche.com, Manhattan is #25 on the list of Top 100 suburbs to live in Illinois. Manhattan School District 114 is very proud to be a part of the reason why Manhattan is recognized as a great place to live, raise, your family, and educate your children.