Lincoln-Way Community High School District 210 is in need of bus drivers for the 2022-
2023 school year. They need 142 drivers and as of right now, only have 112.
Interested individuals to our website to view an employment
testimonial and to apply for the position: https://www.lw210.org/page/employment-
More information about working for LW210 Transportation:
- LW 210 provides transportation services for Manhattan 114, New Lenox 122, Frankfort 157C, Summit Hill 161, and Union 81. We need drivers for all of our districts.
- Our current starting pay is $16.25/hr. We will be raising that for the next schoolyear. We are currently negotiating a new contract with the union.
- Drivers have access to a BlueCross/BlueShield HMO, dental, and vision insurance, which can be expanded to insure your spouse and family under this plan. You can opt to skip insurance if you do not need it.
- All of our drivers are enrolled in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund. It is one of the best run retirement funds in the state. A driver is vested in this retirement fund after 10 years of service.
- We offer a 5-hour day. Hours are 6:30am-9:00am and 1:30pm-4:00pm.
- Additional hours are available if you drive athletic and activity trips.
- Our facility is located on Schoolhouse Rd. in New Lenox. We have our own fuel station. We have 4 highly skilled mechanics that keep our fleet rolling.
- The drivers come from various backgrounds. We have retired teachers, firemen, policemen, railroad engineers, and heavy equipment operators. About 60% of our drivers are female and we have the most diverse department in the district.